Competitions:

Events I've Completed:

Run for Rescue - 4/30/11 - 5k - 29:05 (finished 2nd in my age)
Ojai to Ocean - 6/5/11 - Half Marathon - 1:56:37 (Ran with Lisa!)
Megan Savage Memorial - 9/24/11 - 5k - 31:16 (Ran with Bill!)
Beach Derby 10k - 11/6/11 - 56:40 (Ran with Nikki!)
RnRLV - 12/4/11 - Half Marathon 2:18 (Ran with Nikki!) Got sick by race end. Sick three days.
Surf City - 2/5/12 - Half Marathon - 1:55:02 (PR) Ran with Lisa and Sarah
Battle of the Boxes-2/23/13-5:04 Mini Helen-8th place overall team finish
Crossfit Open 13.1-131
Crossfit Open 13.2-232
Crossfit Open 13.3-183
Crossfit Open 13.4-54
Crossfit Open 13.5-49
Battle of the Boxes: Unknown Edition- 3rd place finish!

Upcoming:

Crossfit Open 2014!





This is my before photo. I weighed 15 pounds more, was exhausted all of the time and wasn't getting better at crossfit, running or life. It was time for a change.

My before photo

My before photo

Saturday, July 9, 2011

Group Running

I've only been running since January and have come to love my time running alone.  Occasionally my hubby will join me on short runs.  Usually he'll bike while I run.  He has done a couple of 3 mile runs and even one 4.25 mile run.  He tends to run just behind or just in front of me.  It's been fine because I'm not really sure I'd be up for conversation while I run.  Group runs sound like they would be fun, but I'm just not sure.  I'd like to hear some feedback on what the benefits of a group run would be.  I get running with people faster than you to help push you.  But if I'm pushing myself I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be up for small talk.  Fill me in, how do these group runs work and are they a good idea?

2 comments:

  1. I would like to know too :) I hear some people say that they run with a group, but the group is so fast they are left in the dust.. that would be me.. And well if thats the case then I might as well just run by myself.. I like the idea of group runs though, for the interaction with other runners. Id be curious to hear responses to this question as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, I wouldn't want to be left in the dust. That would make me feel worse than running alone for sure! I am trying to organize a group in my city now. I'll let you know if it works out and how it goes.

    ReplyDelete