Competitions:

Events I've Completed:

Run for Rescue - 4/30/11 - 5k - 29:05 (finished 2nd in my age)
Ojai to Ocean - 6/5/11 - Half Marathon - 1:56:37 (Ran with Lisa!)
Megan Savage Memorial - 9/24/11 - 5k - 31:16 (Ran with Bill!)
Beach Derby 10k - 11/6/11 - 56:40 (Ran with Nikki!)
RnRLV - 12/4/11 - Half Marathon 2:18 (Ran with Nikki!) Got sick by race end. Sick three days.
Surf City - 2/5/12 - Half Marathon - 1:55:02 (PR) Ran with Lisa and Sarah
Battle of the Boxes-2/23/13-5:04 Mini Helen-8th place overall team finish
Crossfit Open 13.1-131
Crossfit Open 13.2-232
Crossfit Open 13.3-183
Crossfit Open 13.4-54
Crossfit Open 13.5-49
Battle of the Boxes: Unknown Edition- 3rd place finish!

Upcoming:

Crossfit Open 2014!





This is my before photo. I weighed 15 pounds more, was exhausted all of the time and wasn't getting better at crossfit, running or life. It was time for a change.

My before photo

My before photo

Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Whole Life Challenge Recap

I made it through the eight weeks!  That in itself was a huge accomplishment!  I really wasn't going to do it.  I don't like paying money for things that I might think sound good, but know I won't be able to successfully complete.  After learning about the bonus points in the WLC, I realized it was something I could do.  Not only did I finish, but I was successful!  I used many of my bonus points, but not all of them.  I used them on my birthday, and on Bill's birthday.  We enjoyed every minute of those "cheats", and then jumped right back on track.

I lost 20 pounds!!  The last two weeks, my weight loss had dramatically slowed but still continued.  I decided to not worry about it, but to just focus on my goal of hitting 20 pounds.  I hit it with a few days to spare.  Now 20 pounds wasn't my initial goal.  Initially I'd thought I'd be happy with 10 pounds, 15 would've made me very happy.  But I blew through both of those and decided to try to hit 20.  And at the final weigh in, I'd also lost 9.25 total inches!  What?!  Crazy huh?!

It was great to see that I could do it and the kids would survive.  They didn't love all of the "meat" dinners I was making all of the time, but after awhile they didn't really notice as much either.  They still got the occasional pasta dinner or pizza.  We just ate something else that night.

In the weeks since, I've kept off all but 2-3 pounds.  It is the holidays, so I will work to keep my weekdays as pure as possible while leaving the cheats to parties.  I've really enjoyed seeing the results that eating this way as afforded me.  There are many facets that won't change.  I now don't need milk in my coffee.  While in Connecticut last week I ordered a cappuccino and felt like I was really cheating, but in reality it was fine.  I have to have a balance while remembering to keep the good outweighing the bad.  I'm definitely signing up for the next challenge that starts soon!  I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment