Competitions:

Events I've Completed:

Run for Rescue - 4/30/11 - 5k - 29:05 (finished 2nd in my age)
Ojai to Ocean - 6/5/11 - Half Marathon - 1:56:37 (Ran with Lisa!)
Megan Savage Memorial - 9/24/11 - 5k - 31:16 (Ran with Bill!)
Beach Derby 10k - 11/6/11 - 56:40 (Ran with Nikki!)
RnRLV - 12/4/11 - Half Marathon 2:18 (Ran with Nikki!) Got sick by race end. Sick three days.
Surf City - 2/5/12 - Half Marathon - 1:55:02 (PR) Ran with Lisa and Sarah
Battle of the Boxes-2/23/13-5:04 Mini Helen-8th place overall team finish
Crossfit Open 13.1-131
Crossfit Open 13.2-232
Crossfit Open 13.3-183
Crossfit Open 13.4-54
Crossfit Open 13.5-49
Battle of the Boxes: Unknown Edition- 3rd place finish!

Upcoming:

Crossfit Open 2014!





This is my before photo. I weighed 15 pounds more, was exhausted all of the time and wasn't getting better at crossfit, running or life. It was time for a change.

My before photo

My before photo

Friday, September 28, 2012

Killer WOD

So yesterday I went to get my normal Thursday WOD in.  I keep thinking with this clean diet, my workouts are going to feel easier.  I guess I'm wrong, they are always going to kick my butt.  I don't mind a tough workout, but I am tired of feeling like I'm going to keel over mid way through my workout.    Our workout was:

5 rounds for time of:

15 box jumps
12 toes to bar
9 thrusters (65#)

It seemed like one of the workouts I would've liked.  I've always liked every one of those movements.  So I figured 5 rounds would be tough, but I would do good.  Turns out I was wrong.  I did fine the first round.  By round two my heart was already beating way too fast.  By the third round I felt like I was barely moving.  I had to break each movement in half, which was fine, but I took way too much time trying to catch my breath.  I'm sick of breathing being my issue.  I think once I get this diet thing down comfortably I need to work on cardio stuff.  Not running at my usual pace, but maybe some sprints or something.  I wish there would come a time where I'm just satisfied with where I'm at and not have the next major thing to work on.

The silver lining was that I completed the WOD.  I almost threw up about 45 minutes later, but I didn't so I guess the day was a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment