Competitions:

Events I've Completed:

Run for Rescue - 4/30/11 - 5k - 29:05 (finished 2nd in my age)
Ojai to Ocean - 6/5/11 - Half Marathon - 1:56:37 (Ran with Lisa!)
Megan Savage Memorial - 9/24/11 - 5k - 31:16 (Ran with Bill!)
Beach Derby 10k - 11/6/11 - 56:40 (Ran with Nikki!)
RnRLV - 12/4/11 - Half Marathon 2:18 (Ran with Nikki!) Got sick by race end. Sick three days.
Surf City - 2/5/12 - Half Marathon - 1:55:02 (PR) Ran with Lisa and Sarah
Battle of the Boxes-2/23/13-5:04 Mini Helen-8th place overall team finish
Crossfit Open 13.1-131
Crossfit Open 13.2-232
Crossfit Open 13.3-183
Crossfit Open 13.4-54
Crossfit Open 13.5-49
Battle of the Boxes: Unknown Edition- 3rd place finish!

Upcoming:

Crossfit Open 2014!





This is my before photo. I weighed 15 pounds more, was exhausted all of the time and wasn't getting better at crossfit, running or life. It was time for a change.

My before photo

My before photo

Sunday, March 10, 2013

Crossfit Open 13.1

So last year I didn't compete in the Open.  I had been crossfitting for about a year and a half, but didn't feel strong enough to compete.  In the end, I ended up doing every workout except 12.1 anyway because our box did the open workout as the WOD each Thursday.  And trust me, I wasn't too upset about missing 7 minutes of burpees.

Fast forward to this year.  I decided that supporting my box was important and for $20 it would be fun to see where I ended up.  So when the 13.1 was announced I almost died to see my two least favorite moves together in one workout!

I was hoping that since they'd added a Masters Women's bracket for 40-44, that I'd get a little break.  But alas no luck.  Same workout as those dang fit 20 year olds!  Here it is in case you haven't seen it:



My max snatch was a 2 rep lift at 75 pounds and I suck at burpees.  So I didn't go into this workout with much confidence.  I ended up doing burpees step ups after watching other heats go before me.  It looked like it saved a lot of endurance as well as leg fatigue.  Turns out it was the right choice for me.  My problem was the 75# snatches.  They got in my head because I knew it was my previous max.  So I took them way too slow.  I did singles and took way too much time in between.  I ended with a 131 ,but was disappointed because I know I could've pushed harder and had more time to finish the burpees.  My tie break time (the time you completed your last full round of snatches) was 16:54.  6 seconds to get to my bar and complete one burpee.  

I think my strategy for next week will be to hit the workout on Thursday and then if I feel like I need to try again I'll still have Sunday.  Because I don't think I could do back to back days.  One of the benefits of the young that I don't have, is recovery time.

Overall I'm glad I'm signed up this year and am really having fun watching our beastly athletes get great finishes.  What was your finish, and how did you feel about it? 

No comments:

Post a Comment