Competitions:

Events I've Completed:

Run for Rescue - 4/30/11 - 5k - 29:05 (finished 2nd in my age)
Ojai to Ocean - 6/5/11 - Half Marathon - 1:56:37 (Ran with Lisa!)
Megan Savage Memorial - 9/24/11 - 5k - 31:16 (Ran with Bill!)
Beach Derby 10k - 11/6/11 - 56:40 (Ran with Nikki!)
RnRLV - 12/4/11 - Half Marathon 2:18 (Ran with Nikki!) Got sick by race end. Sick three days.
Surf City - 2/5/12 - Half Marathon - 1:55:02 (PR) Ran with Lisa and Sarah
Battle of the Boxes-2/23/13-5:04 Mini Helen-8th place overall team finish
Crossfit Open 13.1-131
Crossfit Open 13.2-232
Crossfit Open 13.3-183
Crossfit Open 13.4-54
Crossfit Open 13.5-49
Battle of the Boxes: Unknown Edition- 3rd place finish!

Upcoming:

Crossfit Open 2014!





This is my before photo. I weighed 15 pounds more, was exhausted all of the time and wasn't getting better at crossfit, running or life. It was time for a change.

My before photo

My before photo

Friday, March 1, 2013

WLC Round Two

Today marks the end of the second week of the second round of the WLC (Whole Life Challenge).  It basically is a challenge among crossfit boxes.  You have to log points daily for things like diet, exercise, mobility, supplements, etc.  The diet is the hardest for most people.  You have 5 points daily and basically you need to eat clean, i.e. no grains, sugar, processed foods, alcohol, etc.

The first go round I ate Paleo and did great.  I lost 20 pounds and really enjoyed the transition.  This time I hadn't changed my eating much before starting the challenge.  So I'm not sure why I was disappointed when we started the challenge and I didn't see any weight loss.  I somehow thought it would just start falling off again just because I paid money to sign up for a challenge.

After the first week without any drop in the scale I decided to strictly zone my foods for the next week. I wrote everything down and got feedback from the experts at my box.  I realized I was only eating 8-9 blocks a day.  Most of the other girls were eating 11, so I decided to up my blocks to see how it went.  Turns out that was what I needed!  I'm down 4 pounds and have never eaten better!  My husband comments on how we have had the best dinners in the last two weeks.  Even the kids are mostly enjoying all of our meals!  Surprisingly they have really liked a lot of the dinners.

My biggest surprise when I started zoning my meals was that I was eating way too much protein at meals. I was thinking I was about 3 oz, but after weighing I realized it was close to 6 oz!  So that along with adding more snacks has been helpful.

I will post up some of the best recipes I've come across soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment