Competitions:

Events I've Completed:

Run for Rescue - 4/30/11 - 5k - 29:05 (finished 2nd in my age)
Ojai to Ocean - 6/5/11 - Half Marathon - 1:56:37 (Ran with Lisa!)
Megan Savage Memorial - 9/24/11 - 5k - 31:16 (Ran with Bill!)
Beach Derby 10k - 11/6/11 - 56:40 (Ran with Nikki!)
RnRLV - 12/4/11 - Half Marathon 2:18 (Ran with Nikki!) Got sick by race end. Sick three days.
Surf City - 2/5/12 - Half Marathon - 1:55:02 (PR) Ran with Lisa and Sarah
Battle of the Boxes-2/23/13-5:04 Mini Helen-8th place overall team finish
Crossfit Open 13.1-131
Crossfit Open 13.2-232
Crossfit Open 13.3-183
Crossfit Open 13.4-54
Crossfit Open 13.5-49
Battle of the Boxes: Unknown Edition- 3rd place finish!

Upcoming:

Crossfit Open 2014!





This is my before photo. I weighed 15 pounds more, was exhausted all of the time and wasn't getting better at crossfit, running or life. It was time for a change.

My before photo

My before photo

Sunday, September 11, 2011

My 9/11 Run

I'd planned to do a 10 mile run this morning, and was looking forward to some cooler weather.  Before heading out, I grabbed my phone to clear my emails and check my texts.  Of course I got sidetracked and felt the need to see what was happening on The Twitter :)  That's when I came across @luau 's post about his run today.  He ran 9.11 miles at a 9'11 pace.  I thought that was an amazing tribute to this special day and decided to make that my goal.  Now my usual pace with this hill I was planning to run is about 9'40, so it was going to be a push.  Also when I run this hill, I usually only go 5-6 miles.  But then I thought about the sacrifices so many people made on this day, 10 years ago and decided if this little push was too much for me to do one day out of my life than I shouldn't call myself a runner.  So off I went.  My first mile and a half was downhill, so I knew I could keep pace.  From there it was relatively flat, with one small hill towards the end of the 4.5 mile turnaround.  The last 1.5 miles uphill were going to be where I would find out if I could pull it off.  Guess what?  I did it!  In fact because I couldn't adjust my pace just right, I ended up with an average pace of 9'10 after 9.11 miles.   It wasn't perfect, but it was better than I thought I could do and that's all I can ask of my body.  What run did you do today?  And did it feel any different than your regular runs?


No comments:

Post a Comment