Competitions:

Events I've Completed:

Run for Rescue - 4/30/11 - 5k - 29:05 (finished 2nd in my age)
Ojai to Ocean - 6/5/11 - Half Marathon - 1:56:37 (Ran with Lisa!)
Megan Savage Memorial - 9/24/11 - 5k - 31:16 (Ran with Bill!)
Beach Derby 10k - 11/6/11 - 56:40 (Ran with Nikki!)
RnRLV - 12/4/11 - Half Marathon 2:18 (Ran with Nikki!) Got sick by race end. Sick three days.
Surf City - 2/5/12 - Half Marathon - 1:55:02 (PR) Ran with Lisa and Sarah
Battle of the Boxes-2/23/13-5:04 Mini Helen-8th place overall team finish
Crossfit Open 13.1-131
Crossfit Open 13.2-232
Crossfit Open 13.3-183
Crossfit Open 13.4-54
Crossfit Open 13.5-49
Battle of the Boxes: Unknown Edition- 3rd place finish!

Upcoming:

Crossfit Open 2014!





This is my before photo. I weighed 15 pounds more, was exhausted all of the time and wasn't getting better at crossfit, running or life. It was time for a change.

My before photo

My before photo

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Upcoming Races

I did my first and only half marathon on June 5, 2011.  It was the Ojai to Ocean (O2O) and I couldn't have asked for a better first half.  The only other race I'd participated in was a 5k with my husband and two daughters.  The next race I had scheduled wasn't until December.  It is the Rock N Roll Vegas Half Marathon.  So I had several months of running without any scheduled races.  And guess what?  I completely lost my mojo!  I've had no desire to run any long distances.  I blamed it on the heat, but I think it really came down to the fact that I wasn't training for anything specific.  So I had to find some races!

I found a 5k in Pasadena benefitting animal rescues.  My 10 year old daughter wants to be a vet and would do anything for animals.  She ran the first 5k with us and swore she'd never run one again.  She really struggled to get through it and hated it.  But when I told her this was a flat course, benefitting animals, she agreed to do it.  So now we've got a 5k scheduled for October!  Woo hoo!

Then the next day my 14 year old brought home a flyer from school for a 5k in Newport Beach for Susan B. Komen.  A huge group from her and my son's school run it together.  So I told her we were all in and just like that, I have another 5k on my calendar for September!

Why is it just knowing I have some races coming up motivates me to get running?  Is it because I'm still a newbie to running?  I've only been running since January of this year.  Or do veteran runners feel this way too?

No comments:

Post a Comment