Competitions:

Events I've Completed:

Run for Rescue - 4/30/11 - 5k - 29:05 (finished 2nd in my age)
Ojai to Ocean - 6/5/11 - Half Marathon - 1:56:37 (Ran with Lisa!)
Megan Savage Memorial - 9/24/11 - 5k - 31:16 (Ran with Bill!)
Beach Derby 10k - 11/6/11 - 56:40 (Ran with Nikki!)
RnRLV - 12/4/11 - Half Marathon 2:18 (Ran with Nikki!) Got sick by race end. Sick three days.
Surf City - 2/5/12 - Half Marathon - 1:55:02 (PR) Ran with Lisa and Sarah
Battle of the Boxes-2/23/13-5:04 Mini Helen-8th place overall team finish
Crossfit Open 13.1-131
Crossfit Open 13.2-232
Crossfit Open 13.3-183
Crossfit Open 13.4-54
Crossfit Open 13.5-49
Battle of the Boxes: Unknown Edition- 3rd place finish!

Upcoming:

Crossfit Open 2014!





This is my before photo. I weighed 15 pounds more, was exhausted all of the time and wasn't getting better at crossfit, running or life. It was time for a change.

My before photo

My before photo

Monday, September 24, 2012

Fail

Well so much for daily blogging.  I was in San Diego when I decided this would be a good idea.  The problem came when I watched three water polo games and then had to drive home on Saturday.  That day was out completely.  The idea of taking 10 minutes to slow down and reflect though hasn't been lost.

I had plenty of time while driving to reflect.  It wasn't exactly meditation, but it was time to myself to reflect.  Stephen was in the backseat doing homework so I didn't have music on or conversation.  I do like the idea of taking 10 minutes for myself everyday.  Sometimes I feel so guilty if I'm not doing something at all times.  It's good to remember that taking a few minutes every day is just as important.

I have also figured out it's not going to work to try to take that time while the family is home.  It seems any time I'm busy, everyone is fine.  But as soon as I want to take a minute for something quiet, everyone needs something.  So rather than try to fight it, I'm going to take the time during the day while everyone is at school or work to find my time.

I'm off to crossfit in a few minutes so I better go unload the groceries.  But I have enjoyed my few minutes of quiet.

No comments:

Post a Comment