Competitions:

Events I've Completed:

Run for Rescue - 4/30/11 - 5k - 29:05 (finished 2nd in my age)
Ojai to Ocean - 6/5/11 - Half Marathon - 1:56:37 (Ran with Lisa!)
Megan Savage Memorial - 9/24/11 - 5k - 31:16 (Ran with Bill!)
Beach Derby 10k - 11/6/11 - 56:40 (Ran with Nikki!)
RnRLV - 12/4/11 - Half Marathon 2:18 (Ran with Nikki!) Got sick by race end. Sick three days.
Surf City - 2/5/12 - Half Marathon - 1:55:02 (PR) Ran with Lisa and Sarah
Battle of the Boxes-2/23/13-5:04 Mini Helen-8th place overall team finish
Crossfit Open 13.1-131
Crossfit Open 13.2-232
Crossfit Open 13.3-183
Crossfit Open 13.4-54
Crossfit Open 13.5-49
Battle of the Boxes: Unknown Edition- 3rd place finish!

Upcoming:

Crossfit Open 2014!





This is my before photo. I weighed 15 pounds more, was exhausted all of the time and wasn't getting better at crossfit, running or life. It was time for a change.

My before photo

My before photo

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Walking

It seems that I've lost my running mojo.  I had not run for a few months, deciding to focus on crossfit.  Then I realized my crossfit was suffering without my running.  So I dropped back down to two days a week and was going to start running.  But it was too dang hot.  So I've been on the treadmill.  And have found, I don't like running on the treadmill.  But I do like walking.  So rather than get frustrated, I'm walking more often.  I am aiming for 3-4 miles every day.  Today I am cleaning the house.  But I committed to walk my 3 miles.  So I cleaned until 10:00, then hopped on and did my 3 miles.  Now I'll go stretch and then finish up my cleaning.

I'm finding following the diet to be a bit easier than I thought it would be.  I am still eating too many unfavorable foods, but it's a 100% improvement from where I was.  I've been sauteing 1/2 a banana in coconut oil and topping it with cinnamon and a teeny bit of nutella.  It is the best!!!  I know I've got to keep it as a once in awhile treat instead of a daily treat though.  I'm also eating too many yams.  I've been having a whole one every day.  Half at lunch and half at dinner.  I shouldn't be eating them at all, but they are really good plus very filling.  I've been so hungry that I'm trying to find ways to be satisfied.  Now that I've had a few days of satisfaction, it's time to buckle back down and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment